On December 7, PCCI’s CEO Steve Miff Tweeted out the following COVID-19 update for Dallas County:
The trends over the last few weeks are worth noting. Since the November 21st report, positive active cases have increased by 94% for the whole population and 56% for the pediatric cohort.
Covid-19 lab positivity for both symptomatic and asymptomatic testing increased to over 10% each (waste water testing data supports lab tests with sharply rising levels at Bachman) showing the folowing:
• Covid-19 hospitalizations jumped week-over-week by over 106% across Dallas County and 83% in the broader North Texas region
• Accounting for all the typical fall/winter cases, the elevated respiratory conditions, and Covid-19, hospital bed occupancy rate is over 92%.
We will likely see a couple more jump in cases over the next few weeks and then likely bigger jumps towards Christmas and New Year. The magnitude for UK was 2x and Singapore 4x from baselines, but both of those regions have higher vaccination rates.
• Only ~7.7% of the Dallas population has received the bivalent boosters (compared to 7.7% across Texas and 12.1% nationally).
• Bivalent vaccinations continue to be low:
• Only 25% of residents 65 years and older and;
• Only ~7% of the above 5 years old population receiving a booster.